Why we created the standard
Many of the advantages of having a Service Standard that apply to central government also apply to local government;
- It is a clear statement of ambition in delivering excellent services.
- It places users at the heart of service design, incorporating their feedback at every step of the way.
- It sets out a method of working that has been shown to produce real benefits.
- It provides a framework for assessing compliance.
There are other reasons why the sector will benefit from adopting the Service Standard.
- It creates a shared ambition for local government to work to in improving its services to its customers.
- It provides a means to share good practice and ideas.
- It helps suppliers understand what is expected from their products and services.